7.10.2010

Sweet Birdy


Ok, so I didn't work on snowflakes last night; instead I decided to finish my miniature bird. I have some new ideas swirling around, one is taking my quilled birds and translating them into 3-D; which I started and finished today. I like it, I definitely see area's on this that need improving before I start selling them in my shop; but for my first try I think it turned out cute.

I want to know what you think about her, if you saw this in my shop would you purchase it - would it be for yourself or a gift. Is there anything you'd change about her? I want honest opinions, I can handle it - please let me know by leaving a comment; and have a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

Nati said...

the little bird, it was lovely, great idea!

Liz said...

I think it's pretty darn cute just as she is. What do you see wrong with it? Whatever it is, I can't tell.

Inna D. said...

She's really cute! I'm sure she can make a great gift. I'd probably change the wings - make them more intricate and airy (husking), or glue them flat to the body.
Anyway, I like her very much!
Inna

Quilly Nilly said...

Liz,
Just small things, her feet look too big and I'm not sure about the wings; and I was wondering if the rose in the front was too big as well.

Inna,
I tried husking once and it did not turn out well. I almost glued them to the body; perhaps the next one I will and see if I like it. Thanks.

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Wow, this is amazing! I love the curly tail feathers!

It might just be me, but I'd like the legs and feet to all be the yellow colour instead of the stockings look.

I never know what to do with miniatures/figurines though, so I would only get this for a collector, bird watcher, or bird lover. I think it would look great on an office desk or shelf.

Where else could you imagine her? Just curious!

kristina dutton said...

i love it love it love it! id totally buy it for myself! for my book shelf!

Ann Martin said...

So very cute! I love the pink and white striped legs and tail curls. Perhaps angle the wings, instead of out straight from the body?

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Sweet bird is right! I love it! And yes, I would purchase it if I saw it in a store. :<)

The only thing I would like to see is how the wings would look if turned sideways - with the edge pointing out and the underside facing front. Hope that makes sense. :<)

Wishing you a great week! You are a most creative artist and I look forward to each new project! :<)

Barbara Diane

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online