5.27.2010

Summer Stripes

I mentioned in my last post about my Frames of the Month, I sat down and wrote out what I want each month to be about; for June I thought summer - so I set out to find the perfect background paper, I knew I'd be quilling a sun for it but didn't really know what else I wanted to include - I needed another element or two to even it out; I finally decided on flip flop's. I searched through my papers, way too many papers; and found this new one I bought recently called 72 and Sunny - something like that - absolutely love these papers and bought way too many of them.

I thought originally I would do something solid or a tone on tone dot like last months, but instead I chose this super summery stripe pattern - LOVE it! I covered the mini frame with this paper, added a quilled sun in the top corner and a cute quilled pair of teal flip flops for the bottom - they even have a little glitter bling on them (if you look closely). I actually made myself this frame for my desk at work - I rarely do that, but I really liked the way it turned out - I'm going to put a picture of my two rascals from last weekends slip-n-slide escapade, they had so much fun.


My rascals and their slip-n-slide, so much fun.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Too cute! And absolutely perfect for that picture! Love it.

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Oh, those flip flops are SO sweet!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is wonderful! Your creative use of this paper with your images is so fun! The photo is perfect for this June Frame and will look great on your desk! :<)

Wishing you a good weekend!

Barbara Diane

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online